Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learning Journal 2

Last week in class we watched videos of The Real Life of Margaret (in India). Although she attempted to not show any videos of herself, we were able to witness some moments of life in her shoes. Aside from being in awe about Margaret studying the language for hour after hour, we also were able to observe the daily living condition of the people in India. I am sure that it was good for everyone in our class to see where we will be living and the characteristics of the community around us. I was expecting a lot of what we saw, but I enjoyed seeing the specific village that we will be staying in. I am sure my family would love to see some of the videos that we saw in class so that they can get an idea of what it will be like as well (hint hint Margaret).
I am excited to prepare for my travel over there. I will not need much, as I noticed from watching the videos that they did not have much either. I will mainly need resources for performing my research, a few clothes, and money to buy the rest of what I will need. I will want some sort of small laptop or electronic device, voice recorder, paper and supplies, and anything else I can think of. I noticed that most of what I will be doing will mainly just involve me getting out into the community and getting to know the people.
I have been thinking and know that I really need to narrow down my research to something that can be observed or gathered. I have been working on trying to get my credit hours set up so that I can check that off of my list and work on preparing my specific research topic. Reading the annotated sources has been a great way for me to collect some ideas and get a better idea of what is plausible while over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment