Friday, January 20, 2012

Learning Journal 3

During our last class we discussed the history of India. Wow, there is a lot of history to review. I never really thought about acclimating myself to the historical aspect of India. But it can end up being very beneficial to my experience over there. The historical context of India covers a wide variety of topics. In order to better fit in and communicate with the people, it will be helpful to study up on my history 101 for India. The more I know about the people and who they are, the less of an outsider I will be. This really opened up a door of information for me to become familiar with. It is really important for me to try and fit in with the people, especially because I will be trying to gather information from them. If they do not feel comfortable around me, I will not get valid information or they may not even be willing to help with my survey.
For me personally, I want to learn more about Hinduism because I know that it is very popular. I also want to be familiar with the popular social and political movements. I will probably be spending some time in the library or online learning more about the Indian culture. I am excited to understand more because the topic is interesting to me and I know so little about it. We brought up a lot of questions in class and they all sounded valid to me to look more into.

1 comment:

  1. I like it because i was seeking for such type of info.
    I hope it benefits all one who land up here.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    BMW 630 AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete