Sunday, February 12, 2012

Learning Journal 12

This week in class I put my project question:
"I will be assessing the oral condition, oral hygiene habits, and sociodemographic influence of teenagers between the ages of 12 and 18"
on the middle of a page and connected my project question with sources that I have been finding over the past few weeks. Luckily a lot of my material related to what I will be researching over in India. It has been very helpful to look up general topics on dental care so that I can have a better understanding as I talk with people. Some of the sources have dealt with ancient practices used by people in India that are considered very helpful for oral care. I have also looked into habits or drugs that may be affecting the health of the mouth for people in India. One article that I read dealt a lot with the sociodemographic condition of people in India and how that relates to whether they seek help when in oral pain. One thing I need to do is look more into the sociodemorgaphic condition of people and how that affects their choices for acquiring dental care. Most of my articles I read deal with the current oral condition of people in India and the attention they need. This gives me a great idea of what I will see while over there. The last thing I have been looking up that relates to my project question is their hygiene habits. This topic will also require more research because I will be trying to understand how attentive they are to their mouth and the amount of importance they place on it. I think I have a great start because of all the research I have done thus far. It was very helpful in class when I needed to recall all of the sources that I had found because all i had to do was quickly glance at my typed up summaries and I could recall a lot of what I had previously read about the topic. It was also great because I had forgot some about some of the articles that I read but the main points were right in front of me in something that was easy for me to understand. I am excited to understand as much as I can about oral care before I go to India. I have a great foundation but will continue to build upon it. I will look specifically at the points that I said I needed to look further into so that I can be more prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment