Saturday, February 18, 2012

Learning Journal 15

So today I decided I would talk about interviewing. I learned a lot from my experience. I haven't thought too much about what sort of questions I would ask people so it was good to be able to sit down and talk as if I were interviewing someone in India. I learned a lot about the kind of responses I will get. I think I will be looking for questions that can be answered fairly easily in a questionnaire style, but it was good to get an idea of the level of thinking that the individual does when answering them. Some of the questions were very straight forward and direct, while other questions took more time to respond and develop more of a thought. I need to decide if I want to incorporate both or stick with one style. I could gather a lot of data from a lot of people if I did a questionnaire, or gather more in depth and personal data from less people. I guess it just depends on what sort of paper I want to put together, feelings toward dentistry or a statistical analysis. I think I might do a statistical analysis with aspects of feelings. Most of my survey would include easy to answer questions and then I might ask one or two questions to the individual afterward and take jottings.
I enjoyed being able to ask as many questions as I could possibly think of that related to dental care. I look forward to building rapport like it mentioned in the reading we did. It is important for them to trust you so that they will give open and honest answers. Once they trust you then they will also start to open up more about and give you information that you might not have even asked for. I can't wait to build rapport with people, I think the mission has helped a lot with this. But I will be in a completely different country, so it could be interesting. My big focus will be college students so I am excited to try and build quick rapport with them as I ask them to fill out a survey or answer some questions. We may get blown off a lot since they will be busy, but us being white on campus could also spark curiosity. It will be cool to develop ways of getting people to stop and talk to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment