Monday, April 2, 2012

Learning Journal 31

Over the weekend we were supposed to read and look over a classmates paper as well as revise our own. My dad is interested in what I will be doing in India so he wanted to read over my proposal. After reading through my proposal he gave me some good ideas about how to adjust it to make it even better. The big thing that he noticed and that he helped me to realize was that my topic of sociodemographic condition was too broad. I was going to gather statistics on the use of hygiene products and random sociodemographic factors and somehow make a connection between it all. Instead, my father suggested that I focus on two or three sociodemographic factors that could influence oral habits and determine whether they do. I had wanted to do this in my mind the whole time, I had just not connected all of the dots in my proposal and made it exactly clear on what I wanted to do. So I rearranged my paper and am focusing on family size, education, and economic standing of informants and determining how this connects to their oral hygiene habits. I want to know how these conditions affect how people care for their teeth.
I went through and re worded my proposal and am still working on it to make it sound better. I need to adjust my background and significance to fit my idea so that it supports what I am researching. I am excited and I feel like I have more focus now that I have decided to do this. I will be able to put together a sweet paper in the end and go through each of these points and determine whether it does, may, or does not influence oral habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment