Sunday, April 8, 2012

Learning Journal 34

This past weekend I was able to work on more of my proposal. I am specifically looking at my survey. It is the most important part of my research. If I do not gather the correct data from my survey, I will go home with results that won't mean anything to me. It is important for me to gear my questions towards answers that I am looking for. The answers that I am looking for deal with the question that I asked in my proposal. How does education, family size, and the economic condition affect oral hygiene habits. My questions needed to be focuses towards four things; the three sociodemographic facts and the hygiene habits of my subjects. So I went through my survey and revamped the questions. They are now a lot more focused and will help me to get the answers that I am looking for.
What I am planning on doing is printing and taking about 20 surveys. Once I get to India, I can hand out a few surveys and see how people respond. If I think that there needs to be clarifications then I can simply fix my survey and print off more copies. I don't want to print off so many copies that I feel obligated to use that survey, even if people aren't answering the questions the right way or are confused about the questions. I want to make sure that when I get to India that most people can understand what the questions are asking and be able to answer them.
I look forward to analyzing my data based on the results I get from my surveys!

No comments:

Post a Comment