Sunday, March 25, 2012

Learning Journal 28

This week we met in groups to talk about our proposals. First of all, I am a horrible at English. I am bad at reading and even worse at writing. When it comes to writing, I write like I talk and like I am writing a scientific research journal. I have a hard time rereading papers after I have wrote them. I can often go through and notice if something stands out in a sentence, but i have a hard time making sure that the paragraph is fluid and fits within the whole idea. Well in class we took notecards and wrote down the main ideas of each paragraph. As I was doing this, I noticed that some items in my proposal could use a little work. Some of my paragraphs worked great for the topic and represented the idea in a clear matter. Other paragraphs went a little off topic or were irrelevant to what needed to be discussed. It was a good activity for me to be able to determine what to work on next. I still have to read through the rest of my paper but I think that it will be helpful as I do so. Luckily most of the hard work for the project is done, so now it's just typing up the loose ends.
This will all be important when it comes to writing the final paper. Sections from my proposal might go straight into my final project. If I work hard at making this copy good, then I won't have to adjust too much at the end. I look forward to putting together my results to be able to draw some conclusions about my main question. I am hoping to submit my paper to some online dental journal databases to see if they will accept mine. I know that mine will not be the most professional, but I hope that valuable information can be learned from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment